This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 24th, 2011 at 9:14 am and is filed under Resources for Instructors. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.
Hard to believe fall is upon us! We hope you had a relaxing and productive summer. We'd like to start off the new season with a brief reminder of the free online resources we have available to help business communication instructors and students, including the many resources available exclusively for adopters of Bovée & Thill texts.
Business Communication Headline News
Business Communication Headline News delivers late-breaking news stories, interesting blog posts from a variety of communication professionals, and other information you can use to enhance lectures and class discussions. You can also follow BCHN on Twitter (@buscommnews) and Facebook.
Bovée & Thill’s Real-Time Updates service offers a wealth of material we have personally selected for instructors and students, sorted by media type and textbook chapter.
Business Communication Communities on Facebook and LinkedIn
Connect with business communication instructors and professionals from around the world in the Bovée & Thill online communities on Facebook and LinkedIn:
- Facebook: Teaching Business Communication. Share your opinions about issues that are important to instructors of business communication, ask your peers questions, and offer best practices for instruction.
- Facebook: Bovée and Thill's Inner Circle for Business Communication. Devoted exclusively to college and university instructors who are adopters of Bovée & Thill texts.
- Facebook: Social Media and Electronic Communication Workshop. Learn about electronic communication and social media quickly and easily. Members can receive one-on-one mentoring, as requested, as well as opportunities for group chat and webinars.
- LinkedIn: Teaching Business Communication group. This group is a discussion and resource-sharing forum exploring all aspects of teaching business communication.
- LinkedIn: Bovée & Thill’s Inner Circle for Business Communication. This group is also devoted exclusively to college and university instructors who are adopters of Bovée & Thill texts.
Bovée & Thill YouTube channel
The new Bovée & Thill channel on YouTube offers videos with advice on teaching the new elements of business communication.
Bovée & Thill's Web Search
This powerful metasearch system developed by Bovée and Thill lets you quickly access more than 325 search engines. The tool uses a simple and intuitive interface engineered to help business communication instructors and students find precisely what they want, whether it’s PowerPoint files, PDF files, Microsoft Word documents, Excel files, videos, or podcasts.
You'll notice that instructors and students are now asked to register for Real-Time Updates and Business Communication Headline News. We implemented this change to preserve the integrity of these resources as unique benefits for adopters of Bovée & Thill textbooks. Registering gives you full access to the entire Business Communication Network, including the Learn More media items highlighted in the texts, downloadable student assignments, and more. During registration, instructors are asked to enter a special one-time password that you can retrieve from the publisher's website (instructions for doing so are provided on the registration screen). After registration, you and your students can log in simply by entering the email address and personal password you provided at registration. Note that registration is not required for this blog or for Bovée & Thill's Web Search.
If you experience any challenges in registering, contact us at email@example.com.
Again, we wish you and your students a successful fall term. If we can answer any questions or entertain any suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment.
Court Bovée and John Thill
p.s. You may encounter temporary availability issues with some of the Real-Time Updates media items. We're "recovering" from a system upgrade and are working hard to restore all of these.